September 13, 2017


Q. What is your mailing address?
A. 100 North Main Street, Suite 205, Clinton, Tennessee 37716
Q. What are your hours of operation?
A. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – FridayQ. Can the Register’s office tell me if there are any liens recorded on my property?
A. No. The Register’s office does not perform title searches, which is the necessary step to take to determine if there is a lien against a particular parcel of land. You may contact a title company or an attorney to provide this service for you. However, the records of the Register’s office are open to the public and are accessible via this website or by visiting us at the above address.

Q. Can the Register of Deeds or the staff prepare or help prepare a document?
A. No. The State of Tennessee prohibits the Register’s office and staff from practicing law or from giving legal advice. You are advised to consult with an attorney for assistance.

Q. Can the Register’s office tell me who owns a particular parcel of property?
A. In accordance with the laws and statutes of the State of Tennessee, all indexes for recorded documents within the Register’s office are name based. To search by address you may contact the Anderson County Assessor’s Office at 865-457-6225.

Q. How can I obtain a copy of a document?
A. Documents recorded since January 1, 1990 may be viewed and copied from this website at no charge as a courtesy of the Register. Documents recorded before January 1, 1990 can be obtained either by visiting the Register’s office in person, or by sending a written request by mail. Information needed for copies include names of buyer/borrower or seller/lender, date of transaction or recording, and the address of the subject party. Charges for certified copies made at the Register’s office are $1.00 per page, excluding plats which are $5.00 per plat.

Q. Is there a fee for recording documents?
A. Yes, for calculations of fees please visit our pricing calculator on this website.

Q. What methods of payment are accepted by the Register’s office?
A. The Register’s office accepts checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, MasterCard, Visa, or cash currency.

Q. Can the Register’s office provide a survey of my property?
A. In most cases, No. The Register’s office records plats of subdivisions showing lots within a development, however, some surveys are recorded but only in rare cases.

Q. Can the Register speak to my civic group or church organization?
A. Yes. As a public official, the Register welcomes such opportunities to meet with all civic groups and church organizations. Please visit our contact link at this website or call the Register’s office at 865-457-6235 to schedule and make arrangements.

Q. Can I find bankruptcies, divorces and other court documents in the Register’s office?
A. Bankruptcies, divorces and other court documents are recorded and indexed as court decrees. However, not all court documents are filed with the Register’s office. This will vary according to the requirements within a court decree or an individual’s personal choice.